In keeping with the recent trend of posting Top Ten lists, I thought that it would be a good time to revisit a list of non-technical aspects of the DBA job. More details on these specific items can be found in my column for zJournal at zData Perspectives: 11 Rules of the Road for DBAs.
But for the purposes of the blog, here is the list of 11…
- Rule #1: Write Down Everything
- Rule #2: Keep Everything
- Rule #3: Automate
- Rule #4: Share Your Knowledge
- Rule #5: Focus Your Efforts
- Rule #6: Don’t Panic!
- Rule #7: Measure Twice, Cut Once
- Rule #8: Understand the Business
- Rule #9: Don’t Be a Hermit
- Rule #10: Use All of the Resources at Your Disposal
- Rule #11: Keep Up-To-Date
How many of these rules can you say that you follow on a regular basis?