Today’s post is to remind my readers that I write a monthly column for Database Trends & Applications magazine on database and DBA issues and trends by the name of DBA Corner. And I have been writing this column for over 20 years now! A complete history of the column can always be found on my web site.
The DBA Corner column focuses on issues of interest to data architects, database analysts and database administrators. Issues addressed by the column include data modeling and database design, database implementation, DBA practices and procedures, performance management and tuning, application development, optimization techniques, data governance, regulatory compliance with regard to data, and industry trends.
The first DBA Corner column of 2020 was published last week on the topic of SQL Performance Testing and DevOps.
In 2019, I wrote about the follow topics in the DBA Corner column:
- The Rise of the Data Catalog. December 2019.
- The Five Key Factors for Database Performance. November 2019.
- Best Practices for Managing Database Infrastructure. October 2019.
- Analytics Projects Offer Value and Challenges. September 2019.
- Data Breaches: Pervasive and Costly. August 2019.
- Db2 – The AI Database … and more! July 2019.
- Implementing DBA Best Practices. June 2019.
- The Challenge of Managing the Modern IT Infrastructure. May 2019.
- Three Important Database Security Features. April 2019.
- Database Scalability, Elasticity, and Availability. March 2019.
- What is a DBA? February 2019.
- Teradata Vantage: The Platform for Pervasive Data Intelligence. January 2019.
And drop me a note here as a comment if you have any topics you would like to see me cover in future DBA Corner columns.